- Learning to rez prims – and in doing so, have acquired some really odd practise objects!
- Learing how to use my inworld profile and how to look at others’ profiles too
- Teleporting my new friends around
- Picking up freebies – I now have everything from rugs, furniture and personal teleporters to feathers, wigs, my own TARDIS, a Dalek, two Cyberman skins / costumes* and a summer house.
- Making friends. This has been incredible – and resulted in several late nights! I’ve shared my desktop with a fellow MUVEnationer from Mexico and looked at photos he’s taken on a variety of RL travels around the world.
- Driven a dune buggy, been a passenger in a mini-mote and whizzed around on a Harley Davison
- Danced at an 80s alternative disco and drunk champagne at a Doctor Who bar
- Hung out at Cardiff’s Doctor Who exhibition
- Flown the TARDIS and said hello to K9
- Looked at a Spanish mathematician’s moodle site
- Been the 4th Doctor’s companion – and got a souvenir of my travels by way of a scarf given to me by the Doctor himself (Disclaimer: I know it’s not THE Doctor – but in SL we can be who we want, right?)
This is what it’s all about – using the search facility to find something that tickles your fancy, teleporting there, chatting to whoever’s about…then being taken on a journey that eats up the hours but widens your SL – and, importantly, RL horizons.
*Yes, this is how I manged to get my photo on the “almost famous” thread without any cost or effort. It’s not cheating – it’s using the environment to my advantage.